Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Sunday, May 08, 2005

preacher

Obviously, I figured out how to post pictures. I've done it twice now, only because I had to check to see if I could do it again. I expect there will be more pictures posted for no reason. Well, the reason will be that I'm trying to remember how to do it. I also expect to post more pictures of my doggie and flowers than of my knitting. I think the doggie and flowers are often more exciting than the knitting. I know this is supposed to be a knitting blog, so I will work on the knitting pics.

The Shepherd's Harvest yesterday was great. I could've been there all day, but my Dana friend was not in the same frame of mind. We met up with our friends, checked out the vendors, bought some stuff, ran into other knitting friends, checked out the llamas, ran into some other knitting friends, bought some stuff, and then went into Stillwater to get some lunch and knit. More knitting in public. We don't get as many strange looks as we used to. Either that or I just don't notice anymore. (sorry, no pictures of the Harvest)

Today is Mother's Day. I didn't get to be with my Mom, not physically anyway. She lives in California, along with the rest of my family. It doesn't get any easier as the years go by. The missing I mean. I learned a long time ago that I should live each day as if it's the last, and for the most part I do. I miss my Mom terribly, but take some comfort in knowing that she knows every day how much I love her.
Tell your people you love them, every day!! (okay, done preaching)

I did get to knit today, not as much as I wanted though. As usual. I don't know if I ever could knit as much as I want. I wonder sometimes if my fingers would fall off, or at the very least turn blue? At the last knitting retreat I went to I knit more than I ever have at a retreat. Even there, a knitting retreat, I usual think about knitting more than I actually knit. What does that say about me?
Do I really want to know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home