Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Saturday, May 14, 2005

crybaby


Happy Anniversary! Posted by Hello
I just had to post an anniversary picture~5 years of wedded bliss!

I made a disc of love songs for my beloved, and just before we left for our long weekend away, was madly running through the house, trying to find it. I had put it in a safe place, you know? Seriously, we were both looking all over for 'the plain black cd case'. And I had a little crying fit, which I'd like to blame on lack of sleep from being sick for the last two weeks. I stood in the garage, with husband's arms around me, sobbing like a baby, saying "I made you a cd for our anniversary over two months ago, and now I can't find it, and I'm mad at myself cause I know I put it in a really great place" Sob sob boo hoo. Beloved wipes my eyes and tells me not to worry, it'll show up when we least expect it. I cry some more. I'm very disappointed. I worked long and hard on that cd, selecting songs with great meaning, and did it much earlier than I needed to, so it would be DONE IN TIME FOR THE ANNIVERSARY!! Beloved finally gets me in the car, and I swear, I haven't even put on my seatbelt when it comes to me~I lift the lid of the center console thingie, and there is the plain black cd case.
Sometimes things really do work out the way you want.

I got to knit lots this weekend, and even got to buy some yarn. We made it all the way up to Grand Marais on Saturday. I'd heard there was a new yarn store there, turns out there are two. The one I adored is That Little Red House. Not on the main road, but just one up from it. What an adorable place! Got to chat with the owner for a bit, she was truly delightful. Tons of lovely yarn, nice book selection~all in a cute 'red house'. She really has her wares displayed nicely~baskets of yarn in the kitchen sink and a beautiful 3-tiered tray with some beautiful yarns arranged like desserts on it. She also has tons of scrapbooking goodies. I really hope her business does well.
The other yarn store, the one on the main street, was ok. Obviously, I wasn't as impressed by this one, since I can't even remember the name. It is great though, to see yarn & knitting being so popular, and I always try to support the local yarn shops wherever I may be.
Tomorrow I will post a picture of my purple shawl. I should have taken a picture each time I started a new skein, to show my progress. At least I'll be able to show some progress, between where it is now and when it's finished.

Doggie is wandering around, looking like it's time for bed. I think it is too, so will end this here.

Goodnight!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home