Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Not so much...

of the knitting going on here. Mostly I've been sewing, and listening to knitting podcasts. I especially love Knitters' Uncensored. Of course, I've only listened to a few thus far, and I know there are lots more out there. But it's been a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to listening to all of them.

I do have a project in the works...one I swatched for, and started, and then ripped out. It's 'Cherry Bomb' from Big Girl Knits. I love this tank, and have the perfect gray yarn for it. (I know, but I love gray, and I have the perfect pants to wear with it) My Dana Friend thinks I should knit it in the round, and I'm pondering it, which is why I ripped the three inches I had already knit. That and the rolling edge, which I believe was caused by my too-tight-cast-on. (I just like the way it looks with all those dashes)
So I need to get that project going agin, but have to confess I'm a bit afraid I won't be able to change the pattern to be knit in the round. I mean, it seems like a no-brainer, but the times when I think things should be the easiest are when things usually get the ugliest. So it's still just a thought in my mind, rather than an actual WIP.

And I really need to step away from my sewing machine! It's all I do anymore. That's not quite true, I have been working on my basement again. It's starting to look more tidy, and you can actually see the floor again. But I've been sewing a lot. My Mom brought me her old machine when she and my Dad drove out here, and I've been having a blast with it. So far I've made curtains for my craft room (crap room, as my Beloved calls it), a dress, and now I'm making some shorts. While my folks were here, my Mom did a Sewing 101 class for me and Dana, and we both made little quilts for our doggies. Lots of fun, even though my little doggie doesn't lay on his. He has too many blankets.
I have also hemmed all of my pants. Pants that have been too long since I got them, but I just wore them as is, since my Mom isn't around to hem my clothes anymore. And Carol's machine doesn't work, so she can't do it for me either. So I had a field day one afternoon, hemming everything, and doing whatever small repairs were needed, that I had just taped together. Tape, btw, does a good job of hemming, but is only temporary. And you should really remove the tape before washing and drying, cause otherwise it can get messy. Packing tape really rocks for hemming, cause it's nice and wide. It's a bit stiff though, so doesn't work for all fabric.
Wow, I should shut up about the tape now, shouldn't I?

I'm hoping to turn over a new leaf here this week, and start exercising again. And blogging regularly. Or more frequently, at the very least. I got my Ravelry invite yesterday, so today I also signed up for Flickr ( I know, I didn't have a Flickr account yet. Oh, the shame.) So I need to get that going too. Basically my goal is to be more productive, and less sedentary. I've got all my fingers and toes crossed.

So, now it's time to end this post.

Goodnight~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home