Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Sunday, August 21, 2005

wishful thinking

Well, another lovely weekend is over. Spent quite a bit of it cleaning house. With two weeks vacation and being sick for two more weeks, my house was a dusty mess. I got lots done yesterday, and feel a bit more in control of it now. It sucks though, to spend all of that potential knitting time doing sucky house work.
Had to be done.

Went for a nice walk with my beloved husband and doggie tonight. And, (drum roll please) I jogged again! The last time I ran was July 15th. I didn't take any time away from the kids to exercise during their visit, and then got sick right after I got back from bringing them home. I really can't remember being that sick before. Not even when I had pneumonia. I had no energy and couldn't breathe, but I didn't feel as awful as I did this time. I so just wanted to die~that's how bad I felt.
But tonight we walked for 20 minutes, and I jogged for 3 one minute intervals. So I'm back where I started, which is not great but is ok. At least I was able to run at all.

The socks are still coming along slowly. I am so close to heel turning time, just about every row I try them on. My sock pals measurements are dang close to mine, so I'm using my foot to measure. If I finish this here post in time I may actually get to the heel tonight.
Plus, I am done with the purple shawl. It really was all but done when I got back from CA. Just 17 rows and then sewing in ends. Perhaps I will take a picture of the beauty and post it tomorrow.

But maybe not.

My dearest did laundry today, and my pants paid the price. I love the man to death, but he just cannot seem to take my pants out of the dryer in time to avoid horrible wrinkles. Which means that I have to iron them.
I hate ironing! Especially when I have to use the sprayer thing, because the wrinkles are such bitches and don't want to come out. Ironing is just such a huge waste of time. I could be knitting for crying out loud!!!

Oh well, it's the only inside chore he can do, and I have to let him. He really hates that I have the bulk of the chores these days. Truth be told, I hate it too. We keep praying for recovery, but I have to say, the more time goes by the less hopeful I am.

Enough of that. I'm gonna end this thing and go knit!

So.....goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home