Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

finis


finished socks Posted by Picasa
Here they are, in all their glory. I think they are a bit big for my sock pal, but she seemed to like them. I haven't yet received my socks , but my pal wrote and told me they'd be coming soon. I am so excited, I can't wait to see them!

I started a pair of socks for my Mom. This Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn knits like a dream, and the Amethyst Stripe colorway is beautiful. Maybe I'll take a picture to post this weekend.

Speaking of which, Saturday is my birthday. I usually get so excited about my birthday, but I don't seem to be excited yet about this one. Not that I'm depressed about it...though I have to admit 37 just sounds so old. Mabe it's just that I'm terribly homesick lately, and have no idea when I'll ever get to go home again. My husband's back is not any better, so flying is still not an option. I keep asking my Mom if she and Dad will be coming out here for Thanksgiving or Christmas, but she just ignores me. That's a bad sign...

Change of subject now, that was getting too depressing.

I decided to start another pair of socks so I could teach Lizz how to knit socks 2 at a time, toe up, on 2 circulars. She seemed a little bit interested, so I jumped at the chance. She has gotten the hang of it, though she admitted it was a real bitch at first. She'll be fine now, will need some help with the heel, but she'll soon see what I mean when I say, "Just knit it Lizz, it'll come out right". Now to get Carol going....
It's knitting weather here in Minnesota, and I'm ready for it!

We had such terrible storms here last week, and so many people had serious damage. We were quite lucky in my neck of the woods, but not far from us a woman was pulled out of her house and thrown into a tree by a tornado. I had no idea such a thing could happen here. It's been an awful season. I just hope this is the end of it for all of us.

Well, I have lots of knitting that needs to be done, and not a lot of time in which to do it. So, I'd better end this here thing and get going. I'm trying to knit a beaded bracelet, before knitting camp. And an afghan square, can't forget that. Of course, all I want to do is the bracelet. And socks. But other stuff keeps interfering with my knitting!
Why not knit?
So what if there's vacuuming and laundry and dusting to do?

Goodnight


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home