Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

green bean casserole

I never had GBC before I lived here. It's a Minnesota thing, people tell me. I can't figure out why we never had it at home. I mean, it's good! I love love love it! I can make it myself now, and I do, but it's not as good as Diane's (my SIL). Or even Bernie's (my MIL). But it works. I'm making some right now, cause I just need some.
One of these days I'll stop comforting myself with food, won't I?

So, this past weekend I went to my twice a year knitting retreat. It was great, as usual. Got to see all my knitting buddies, have a massage, and go for nice walks in the woods. My Dana friend and I even ran for 10 minutes on a dirt road. I like to walk in the woods, as long as it's daytime. Once it gets dark, I do NOT want to be outside. Everyone at the retreat knows about what a big chicken I am in the dark, and I don't even care. I don't know what happened to me to make me such a fraidy-cat, but I am. Just ask Dana. She takes such good care of me, on the rare occasion that I do go outside after dark. She always takes good care of me, regardless of the time of day.
Thanks to Lynne, a friend I made from my first retreat all those years ago, I have a finished sweater that I can actually wear. A long time ago, I knit myself a long cardigan with Bernat Soft Boucle. Not an expensive yarn, but very nice and soft. Problem was, when it came time to sew it together, and I had all the pieces pinned, the thing was too big. So big, that I was disgusted by it (well, really I was disgusted by myself and my stupidity for not trying the damn thing on as I was going. I mean, seriously, the sleeves were each 12 inches too long!!!) and threw it all in a bag so I wouldn't have to think about it. I brought it with me, cause I really needed to finish it, even if I was gonna have to give away. But Lynne helped me with it, and was able to use her sewing machine to take up some of the extra space and then cut off the sleeves and picked up stitches and bound them off and then made the whole thing look so nice and neat and pretty and now I can wear it! Woo hoo, woo hoo hoo!!!
Very cool. I'll have to take a picture of myself in THE sweater to post.
Well, GBC is done. The oven is beeping at me as I type. So this is a good place to end this, right? Besides, I told my husband I'd let him kick my ass at Pac Man tonight!
Goodnight~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home