Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Sunday, October 30, 2005

I Am A Bear

Today my beloved said the sweetest/funniest thing to me. We had just gone to the new Cabela's, in Rogers, and bought some new boots for moi. I was talking about how great they would be for walking in snow & slush and I told him that I want to get outside more this winter, since I usually settle in when the weather gets cold. He said, "Yeah, that's the bear in you." Sweet/funny because I always say that, that I'm like a bear, putting on my winter coat and hibernating for winter.
Proof right there that he listened to me, at least once!
Whew~Cabela's sucked like I couldn't have imagined. We got there at 10:30 and still had to park in the grass, which by then was just grassy mud. Yuck. Then, once we got inside, it was way too hot. We were both dying. We picked out boots, looked briefly at jackets and left. Of course, there was a corn dog stand right outside the store so we had to stop for our grease fix. Yummy~I loves me a corn dog!
After the Cabela's experience I called two local yarn stores, Amazing Threads & The Yarn Cafe, to see if they had 'KnitWit 30 easy & hip projects' by Amy Singer. Jennie at knitting camp had one, and there are quite a few projects in there I wanted to make. Fortunately The Yarn Cafe had the book, so we stopped there on the way home.
Now we're home, enjoying (or not, since I detest the Vikings but it's the only game on right now) football and making bread in my bread machine. Just playing with it, trying to figure out how it works. I'm trying to come up with a recipe to make some holiday kind of bread in that thing, maybe something with cranberries.
So, there's my day. Kinda boring, to anybody but me. I just said to someone the other day that I'm a boring old married lady, and that I wouldn't have it any other way.
And it's true.
Life is good...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home