Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Monday, January 02, 2006

2006

I want 2006 to be the year that I stop thinking about knitting, and actually knit!
In typical Lori fashion, I even overthink my knitting projects, to the point that I then don't knit anything. Not that I don't always have a little something going, but it's a little something. I want this to be the year that I stop being afraid of big projects, the year that I actually knit myself a sweater (that I can wear outside the house, not like the brown sweater/robe thing I made last year). Also, I want this to be the year that I knit some hats to donate somewhere. I have plenty of nice yarn, just waiting to be knit up.

I'm not really into resolutions, not the New Year's variety anyway. I like the idea of them, but feel as though I'm setting myself up for failure if I resolve to do a certain something.
So I'm not doing that here.
Just saying how I want 2006 to be...a year full of knitting.
I think it sounds great~

Along these lines, I've been cleaning out my stash. This has so far only involved patterns and needles, but I will get to the actual yarn soon. The system I am currently using is no system at all, no wonder it isn't working!
I will be the master of my stash, even if only for a brief moment...

Now, I need to come up with a way to keep the yarn all together. Currently, I have yarn in every level of my house. That's 3 levels! I have no idea what the yarn stash even looks like anymore. This could take me awhile.
And as if that weren't going to keep me busy enough, I am starting a sweater for myself. My Dana friend and I went to All About Yarn this weekend, and we each picked out yarn for a sweater for ourselves. Knowing Dana, she's halfway through hers already. She's speedy! I have not even cast on yet, but intend to do so tonight. That's actually what I should be doing right now, instead of this.
So, I'm gonna be good and go knit.
Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home