Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Here I go

This is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn, 80% Superwash Wool/20% Nylon, in Amethyst Stripe. I got this at 'That Little Red House' up in Grand Marais. I was looking around, totally in love with all the yarn and cute ways it was displayed, when I found a basket of this Lorna's Laces yarn, in the sink. So many beautiful color ways, and do you think I could decide which one was to be mine? Oh no. Until, after a good 5 minutes of dithering, (15 if you ask my husband) I discovered the names of the colorways. Well, me Mother's birthstone just happens to be Amethyst, so once I saw that it was a done deal.
Now, if I could only decide what to make. I've owed her a pair of socks since the first pair of socks I made for myself. She has a skinny little narrow foot, and funky toes, so I think she would really appreciate a pair of socks made just for her. Problem is, it's been many moons since I made socks. I'd have to enlist my Dana friend to get them started. Not that she isn't game, whenever I need help. One of these days I'll have to write about the 'baby blanket incident'. Or maybe not, it'll probably lose a lot in the telling.
Anyhoo, my other thought was a pair of fingerless gloves, long ones. But I think I'd like to have half fingers for her, and I'm not sure if I have a pattern like that. There's a voice inside my head telling me I can just wing a it. That voice scares me. I know I cannot wing it. I'm not a winger. I am completely unable to stray from a pattern. Same with a recipe. I know, I'm boring. I've been told that before.
So I just need to decide what to do with this lovely yarn.
I think I'll sleep on it. Tomorrow promises to be a day filled with knitting, so something may even get cast on...
Buenos Noches.
yarn for next project
Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home