Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Thursday, June 09, 2005

es oh see kay es


1st baby sock Posted by Hello
So, I decided yesterday afternoon at work that I could knit a pair of baby socks in the evening and have them ready to be delivered to new baby when he came to visit today. I was half right. I got one sock done.
And I don't like it.
Well, I do like it, sort of. It's not bad for a first try. I've already cast on for the second, and have a feeling I may be knitting a third, to match the 2nd. Socks need to match, you know what I mean? And the first one looks like it was a first try...not awful, but not something I'd want to give as a gift.
So, I'll be in baby sock heaven for awhile. It'll be good practice for me, since I'm hoping to get into the Socka-Pal-Two-Za with Allison over at The Blue Blog. And I also need to knit that Amethyst yarn into socks for my Mom. The baby sock pattern is knit in the same manner as an adult sock. I don't know why that surprises me, but it does.

Ok, the thoughts running through my brain are no longer connecting at all. Gotta go do something about that!

TFB!!! (that was for Meredith & Jim & Mike!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home