Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Friday, June 17, 2005

here we go

So, the surgery went without a hitch, and the long, boring days of recovery are upon us. I really don't know how my husband will make it through a full month of only laying flat and walking, with brief periods of sitting up for eating.
Gonna be a long one.

I didn't get to knit in the hospital nearly as much as I thought I might. But I did get another baby sock knit, and (as I suspected) I am knitting another one to match it. Maybe I will knit another one to match the first one I knit. Or maybe I'll just throw it away! I have always been the kind of knitter that doesn't throw away anything. But in my old age I am letting go of some things, and that is one of them. I've even been throwing away all the different containers I've been saving forever. This is a big deal for me. I mean, I keep everything! With the thought that I may be able to use it someday! It's a sickness, I know.

Now I need to clean out my pantry, so my husband will have room in there for the stuff (food, like microwave popcorn, granola bars, fruit cups) that he insists on keeping in a pile on the dining room floor. Not true~it's not really in a pile. Stacked neatly against a wall. But still, in the dining room, on the floor? When I've already made room in a cabinet for his stuff? That he refused to use? He is not supposed to bend or twist, so I will clean off a shelf in my pantry for his things. I go back to work Monday, and want him to be able to get all the things he needs/wants for himself, easily. This will help me to not worry about him so much, maybe. Well, I'll still worry too much, but it will help knowing that he has his food stuff where he can easily get to it.

Well, I believe it's time to go knit. Husband is watching the 4th of 10 movies rented to help keep his mind from melting. He started in the As and by the time he got the the Cs he had 10. So there are still lots more to go. That's good. A guy can only kill people (Xbox) for so long without needing a little diversion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home