Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Sunday, June 19, 2005

HFD

Happy Father's Day! I talked to mine this morning, he was in a great mood. Isn't it funny how Dads get so mellow? Bill P was never mellow when I was growing up. More like grizzly than teddy. But now, well, now he's just a sweetie.
Time, (and wisdom~I like to call it wisdom anyway) has shown me that my Dad did the best he could at raising his kids. After all, there's no instruction booklet that comes with a baby, is there?
I have a nice father-in-law too. He's very much like Bill P. Actually, my husband and I have have commented many times about how similar our parents are...it's kinda weird. But in a good way.

So, out of 6 movies watched there have only been 2 good ones so far. Cellular and The Big Bounce. Of course, I love any move that has Owen Wilson in it. He just cracks me up!! He was in classic form in The Big Bounce.
One of the movies that sucked (Cold Mountain) did have a great line that I'm gonna try to use at some point in my life~'He's got a shit comin' and it's overdue'. Now, that is just funny!
And I do believe that Renee Zellweger deserved every bit of the Oscar that she won for her role in that movie. She acted her ass off!
(I still can't help but wonder if Jack White is really a man, or a woman dressed up as a man)

Ok, time to go be with family and celebrate all the Dads in the world.
Thanks to mine, for never giving up on me and for always being my Daddy, no matter how old I get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home