Why Not Knit?

there's no such thing as too much knitting...

Monday, June 27, 2005

stash or new

Ok, so my Dana Friend reminded me this weekend that I have lots of sock yarn in my stash. She told me this just after telling me that she wouldn't be accompanying me to The Yarn Cafe.
She is right, of course. I do have several skeins of Cascade Fixation in the stash, waiting to be made into something. But I'm not sure if that's what I want to use for my sock pal's socks. Partly because I don't really like the yarn, but mostly because I want to go to the yarn store with my sock pal in mind, and pick out something that calls to me, for her. Is that weird? I need more yarn like I need a hole in my head, but I can't help it. Plus, I really don't knit this yarn all that well. It's got elastic in it, and I never can keep the tension right. I have made a pair of socks with it, and they are just fine, but I feel like I need more practice with it. So, I'm making a headband out of some leftovers, for practice.
Not like a -let's get physical- headband, but something to really soak up sweat, since I'm up to running for 10 minutes at a time. Yes, 10 minutes. I'm so proud of myself! And Carol, of course...whatever she runs I have to match. Not that I'm at all competitive. I'm really not! She just inspires me.
Ok, so back to socks. ( just misspelled socks in a terrible manner, one which could have resulted in a certain type of people checking out this site in the hopes that they would get to see something that rhymes with socks, but isn't socks. OMG~I just did it again!!)
I've cracked myself up so seriously over that thought, that I completely lost whatever it was I was going to type next. So perhaps this should just be the end of this obscene post.

Goodnight
ps-holy cats, we had a righteous storm today! I was actually more afraid on my drive home tonight than I have been yet in any snow storm. Thought my car might end up floating away, there was so much water on the roads and in gutters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home